Parmesan Pesto Potato Soup
As published in the winter 2007 edition of Raley's Something Extra magazine.
- Ready In:
- 2 cups instant potato flakes
- 32 ounces chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- salt and pepper
- 4 teaspoons pesto sauce
- Stir together potato flakes, stock and half & half in a medium saucepan and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese and simmer for 5 minutes more.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Ladle into bowls and swirl 1tsp of pesto into each bowl.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This is very good. A quick lunch or dinner for myself .. The addition of the pesto is what made this soup for me :) It IS somewhat , like eating very very thin mashed potatoes , but for whatever reason, that doesn't bother me! LOL I will definitely make this again ! Thanks for posting the recipe! :)Reply