Parmesan Chicken and Rice Casserole
- Ready In:
- cooking spray
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) bags boil-in-bag brown rice
- 1⁄3 cup dry white wine
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 1 3/4 pounds)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1⁄3 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add onion to pan; sauté 2 minutes. Add garlic; sauté 30 seconds. Remove rice from bags; add to pan. Sauté 30 seconds. Stir in wine; cook 30 seconds or until liquid almost evaporates. Spoon rice mixture in an even layer into a 13 x 9–inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Arrange chicken thighs in a single layer over rice mixture; sprinkle evenly with thyme and salt. Combine broth and cream, stirring well; pour over chicken and rice mixture.
- Bake at 450° for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake an additional 5 minutes or until chicken and rice done.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Made this very nice tasting chicken dish using 4 rather large chicken breasts that I cut into 1-inch thick slices & I used lemon pepper instead of the indicated salt! This great new way to serve up chicken breasts is a definite keeper! Thanks for sharing it! [Tagged, made & reviewed as a special compensation since none of your recipes were chosen in the PRMR Holiday Special]
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I am Sarah.</p> <p>I am married to a wonderful man. He is a great Husband and Father.</p> <p>In March of 2011 we welcomed our daughter Evie into this world. She is everything and nothing I expected, and is without a doubt the best thing I have ever done with my life.</p> <p>I love to cook, and eat, and laugh, and drink and play.</p> <p>I have a wonderful life.</p> <p><em>There are things you do because they feel right, and they may make no sense and they make no money and it may be the real reason we are here: to love each other and to eat each other's cooking and say it was good. ~Brian Andreas, Story People~</em></p> <p><em> </em></p> <p><em>Get to know our family at www.itsavol.blogspot.com</em></p> <p><img src=http://i587.photobucket.com/albums/ss316/sarahbethevans/bfe23bac.jpg alt= width=477 height=639 /></p>