Parmesan Chicken and Rice
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon bottled minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 (8 ounce) package mushrooms, sliced
- 3⁄4 boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion, garlic, thyme, and mushrooms:saute 5 minutes or until onion is tender.
- Add chicken; saute 4 minutes or until the chicken is lightly browned.
- Add wine, salt, and pepper; cook 3 minutes or until liquid almost evaporates.
- Stir in rice and broth. Bring to a boil: cover, reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in cheese and parsley.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was excellent considering it was a last minute, "use what you have in the pantry" meal. I also doubled the broth and rice and was asked for even more rice during dinner. I omitted the mushrooms just based on my family's tastes. Very tasty, very easy, light and very delicious. Thanks! This will go in my rotation.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
July 8, 2009: Our resident bionic woman lost her battle to cancer yesterday. MEP was a passionate, caring and beloved member of our community and she will be deeply missed. Our thoughts go out to her family, Gordy and Cakes, at this difficult time. Her vivacious spirit will live on here at Recipezaar. If you'd like to express your condolences, there is a thread here: <br> <br>http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=306823 <br> <br>and a cookathon here: <br> <br>http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=306828 <br> <br>Liza @ Recipezaar <br>****************************************************** <br> <br>I AM The Bionic Woman. <br> <br>I am married. To El Gordo for 29 years. <br> <br>I have one daughter whom I call Cakes, but is actually Caitlin. She's 18, and absolutely amazing. <br> <br>I also have a dog named Otis Voy - a Chocolate Lab who is 14 years old ! <br> <br>I am a cancer survivor. I was diagnosed with Stage 4 Hodgkin's Lymphoma in 1994. It came back again in 1996, and I then had a bone marrow transplant.Was cancer free for 12 years. <br> <br>I also had a liver transplant in 2005 - and I'm still here... <br> <br>And now I can add that I've just been diagnosed with Secondary Myelodysplastic Syndrome (MDS) as a result of the above-mentioned cancer/bone marrow transplant. <br>The s--- never ends...and now...lung cancer! <br>A new challenge for The Bionic Woman!