Parmesan Cheese Substitute for Pasta (Vegan)
- Ready In:
- Heat oil in fry pan at medium-high heat.
- Add breadcrumbs.
- Toast until they just start to gain color.
- Add minced garlic and salt.
- If too wet, add more breadcrumbs, if too dry add a little more oil.
- Toast until golden brown.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
My stove was busy cooking the bestest hamburger soup (recipe 56366), so I decided to make the "cheese" on my browning plate in the microwave. Too lazy to mince the garlic, I just heated the oil with the garlic smashed up on the browning plate uncovered and added the breadcrumbs in for about 5 minutes, stopping every so often to stir the breadcrumbs around. It added an amazing texture to the bestest hamburger soup (which ended up not very soupy at all). Will try this recipe again on an actual frying pan...