Parmesan Brussels Sprouts
- Ready In:
- 3 -4 tablespoons water (for steaming)
- 1 lb fresh Brussels sprout
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- freshly grated black pepper (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon maui onion, finely chopped
- 1 -3 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons parmigiano-reggiano cheese, grated
- Microwave steam brussel sprouts in 4-6 tablespoons water -- leaving small opening in plastic wrap cover to vent. Steam until tender.
- In separate pan, heat butter and olive oil over medium heat.
- Add pepper, onion and garlic. Saute 2-3 minutes, until onions are tender and golden brown.
- Add brussel sprouts to pan and mix to coat, cooking for a minute or until done.
- Remove pan from heat and sprinkle cheese over the brussel sprouts.
- Cover with lid for a few minutes to melt the cheese.
- Remove lid, stir again then serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
This is the first time I cooked brussel sprouts ... an easy to make dish. I forgot to time it so the times listed are estimates. I changed a few things but kept it pretty close to the recipe on the package. The Maui onion is a sweet onion similar to the Viladia onion. You may want to increase the seasonings to overcome the strong brussel sprout flavor...at least the one I ate was strong!