Parmesan Breaded Scallops With Lemon Garnish
photo by NoraMarie
- Ready In:
FOR THE COATING
- 1⁄2 cup fine Italian seasoned breadcrumbs (you may have some extra left over, depending on the size of your scallops.)
- 1⁄3 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese (Use the good stuff)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper (optional)
- 20 large sea scallops (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
FOR THE GARNISH
- 1⁄2 cup loosley packed fresh Italian parsley
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Combine the coating ingredients on a plate and mix with your fingers.
- Wash scallops and remove the small, tough side muscle.
- Pat the scallops dry with paper towels and place in a small bowl. (Be sure the scallops are very dry or it will make the breading soagy).
- Add the olive oil and mix to coat.
- Dip the scallops in the coating, turning to cover evenly.
- Gently press the crumbs onto the scallops.
- Place the scallops in a single layer on a clean plate.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes to set the crumbs.
- Finely chop the parsley and lemon zest and mix together. Add the olive oil and lemon juice.
- Spray a grill tray generously with olive oil.
- Place the scallops on the grill tray 1-2 inches apart and grill over direct medium heat until just opaque in the center, about 8 minutes, turning once halfway through grilling time. Treat them gently when turning.
- Remove from the grill, place a little of the garnish onto each scallop and serve warm.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
see 4 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I was one of the original members of Recipezaar that was truly a community of individuals that enjoyed each other in forums and chat rooms. I've been a member of this site since 2003. Made some tremendous friends that I still think of often. I'll continue coming here because my recipes are here and so many more that I tried over the years as a member. It's just a tad boring now and just another recipe site like all the rest. Sad.