Parma Ham & Asparagus Risotto
This is a recipe I found in a cooking magazine years ago that has become a real family favorite. Comfort food at it's best. You can substitute leftover chicken for parma ham or leave out the meat and go vegetarian (maybe adding some mushrooms).
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion (chopped finely)
- 1 cup arborio rice (Risotto)
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus (cut into 1-inch pieces)
- 6 slices parma ham (torn into bite size pieces)
- 1 teaspoon parsley (finely chopped)
- 50 g philadelphia cheese
- grated parmesan cheese (optional)
- Heat Olive Oil in a large saucepan and saute onion until soft.
- Add rice and continue to cook for 2 minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup stock and stir until absorbed. Continue adding stock in 1/2 cup increments waiting until stock is absorbed before adding the next 1/2 cup.
- After adding the last 1/2 cup add the asparagus pieces and cook until stock absorbed.
- Stir in Philadelphia until melted and then parma ham until heated through and finally the parsley.
- Serve sprinkled with parmesan cheese.