Papua New Guinea Baked Sweet Potatoes
photo by MomLuvs6
- Ready In:
- After mashing the cooked sweet potato, mix in the butter, onion, milk, cinnamon, salt and pepper to taste.
- Separate the egg whites from the yolks.
- Beat them separately. Fold the egg yolks into the mashed potato followed by the egg whites.
- Place mixture in a greased baking dish.
- Brush the top with butter and bake in the oven with the dish placed in a pan of water for 30 to 35 minutes at 325°F.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Interesting ideas.. loaded with lots of healthy antioxidants from the Beta Carotene in the sweet potatoes and in the cinnamon. Will warm you up in the winter while you think of the heat in Papua New Guinea. I am considering some other additions like coconut. I found hot sauce went ok with this as well.