Paprikahuhn Mit Nockerl - Chicken Paprikash With Tiny Dumplings
photo by gemini08
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken meat, cut into small cubes
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 ounces butter
- 1 cup creme fraiche
- 1 large onion
- 2 teaspoons Hungarian paprika
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 pinch salt
- chopped parsley
- Finely chop the onion.
- Heat the butter in a heavy pan or dutch oven with a lid until it foams, add the chopped onion and saute until soft but not browned.
- Add the chicken meat and together with the onion brown lightly, stirring frequently.
- Season with salt and paprika and stir until the paprika is well incorporated and fragrant, careful not to burn it, it will get very bitter.
- Add the flour and stir, add the creme fraiche stirring to combine.
- Now add the chicken stock, turn the heat to medium low, cover and simmer until the meat is cooked and the liquid is reduced to a ceamy sauce.
- Plate over "Nockerl", sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I am originally from Austria, live in Florida since 1977. I love cooking and like to relax by reading cookbooks. <br />I am also a member of a cooking site in Austria and have posted many American and International dishes there. <br /><img src=http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/ZaarNicksMom/PACsticker-Adopted.jpg alt= /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/buddies.jpg alt= /></p>