Paprika-Spiced Italian Meatballs
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 600 g minced beef
- 1 cup fresh white breadcrumbs
- 2⁄3 cup parmesan cheese
- 2⁄3 cup tasty cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons dried herbs
- 1⁄2 an onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped finely
- 2 slices bacon, diced
- salt and pepper
- carrot, diced
- celery, diced
- capsicum, diced
- 1 (400 g) can crushed tomatoes
- cheese, extra
- dried herbs, extra
- Put the minced beef in a bowl.
- Add breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, tasty cheese, eggs, paprika, nutmeg, herbs, onion, garlic, bacon, salt and pepper.
- Mash up and mix well with wet hands. Divide the mixture into equal portions and roll each into a ball.
- Place the meatballs into a baking dish, put diced carrot, celery and capsicum in as well.
- Pour over the can of crushed tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with cheese then dried herbs.
- Bake in oven for 40- 50 minutes at 180 degrees.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!