Papaya Slaw With Spicy Honey Vinaigrette
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup roasted peanuts, roughly chopped, plus more for serving
- 1⁄3 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped, plus extra leaves for serving
- 1 serrano chili, julienned
- 1 large mango, julienned (2 cups)
- 1⁄2 medium papaya, julienned (4 cups)
- 1⁄2 bunch scallion, julienned (about 4)
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey plus 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- lime, juice and zest of
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
For the slaw:
- Toss together the peanuts, cilantro, chiles, mango, papaya and scallions in a large mixing bowl.
For the vinaigrette:
- Whisk together the vinegar, honey, fish sauce, chili powder, mustard, lime zest and lime juice in a small mixing bowl. Continue whisking while slowly adding the oil until combined. Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle the vinaigrette over the slaw and toss to combine. Garnish with additional peanuts and cilantro, with a dash of chili powder on top.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hungry for good food AND great conversation? Food.com boasts a smorgasbord of over 500,000 recipes and a community-inspired activity feed that allows our users to add reviews, tweaks, questions and photos to their favorite recipes. Grab a plate and join the fun!