Papa's Teriyaki Beans
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This bean dish is perfect for BBQs, family picnics and pot luck gatherings. It can be prepared, transported and served warm in Crock Pot.
- Ready In:
- 15 ounces pinto beans
- 15 ounces white beans
- 15 ounces black beans
- 15 ounces garbanzo beans
- 15 ounces black-eyed peas
- 15 ounces baby lima beans or 15 ounces butter beans
- 15 ounces kidney beans
- 15 ounces Italian-style stewed tomatoes, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 20 ounces pineapple chunks, cut larger pieces into smaller 1/2 inch pieces if necessary
- 1 medium onion, diced into 1/2 x 1 inch pieces
- 1 lb thick sliced maple bacon, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1⁄3 - 1⁄2 cup teriyaki sauce, to taste. Start with 1/3 cup and add more if desired
- Drain liquid from all cans except for about one table spoon each, including tomatoes and pineapple.
- In a large stock pot combine beans, stewed tomatoes, Pineapple and Teriyaki sauce.
- In a large skillet thoroughly cook bacon pieces being careful not to let them get too crispy. Once cooked remove and drain bacon then place in sauce pan with beans. In the same skillet with remaining bacon grease cook onion pieces carefully until tender (slightly transparent). Once cooked remove and drain onion pieces then add to sauce pan with beans. Dis guard all bacon grease, do not add grease to beans.
- Place stock pot on medium high heat and slowly bring to a slow boil, stirring often. Then reduce heat to simmer for one hour, stirring every 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve.
- Alternate method: Use Slow Cooker/Crock Pot instead of stock pot, start on high temp until slow boil, stirring often then switch to low for one hour, stirring every 15 to 20 minutes.
- Yields over one gallon.
- I personally like to add in addition to the above recipe, one extra can of White beans and one extra can of Black Beans.
- And there you have it, enjoy.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION