Papa Leo's Cassava Pone
- Ready In:
- Blend all ingredients together.
- Pour into a buttered casserole dish and bake for 45 minutes in a moderate oven 350 degrees F until firm and medium brown.
- Let cool.
- Cut into squares and serve.
- Use ½ cup of milk if the quality of the cassava is thick and starchy; if it is too thin use ¾ cup milk.
- Just a guess on the servings-will update this info.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Making this recipe was a great challange as we don't have cassava here in Israel. I did a bit a research and managed to approximate it by combining white potatoes, sweet potatoes and a healthy rutabaga. I'm not sure how authentic that was, but I do know that we had a lovely dessert this past Friday night. I used soy milk because I did not want to make the dessert dairy. I served this with some custard on the side. Thanks for submitting this to the tag game, I'm glad I had a chance to try it out!