Panera Monte Cristo Sandwiches
- Ready In:
- 8 slices panera cinnamon raisin bread (thick slices)
- 4 teaspoons honey dijon mustard
- 8 slices thinly-sliced swiss cheese (4 ounces)
- 8 slices honey-cured ham (4 ounces)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Spread 1/2 teaspoon mustard on each slice of Cinnamon Raisin bread.
- Assemble the sandwich: bread (mustard side up), 1 slice cheese, 2 slices ham, 1 slice cheese, bread (mustard side down). Repeat to make four sandwiches.
- Whisk eggs, water, salt and pepper.
- Melt butter in heavy large skillet over medium-low heat.
- Dip both sides of the sandwich into egg mixture, lightly soaking bread.
- Place in skillet and cook until the cheese melts and the sandwiches are golden, about 4 minutes per side.
- Cut sandwiches in half diagonally and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
SoCal transplant who pulled up her roots and moved alllllllllll the way to TN!