Panera Bread's Creamy Potato Soup
- Ready In:
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 6 cups potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 8 ounces cream cheese (cut into chunks, at room temperature)
- 4 slices bacon (cooked and crumbled)
- Combine broth, potatoes, and spices.
- Boil on medium heat until potatoes are tender.
- Smash a few potatoes to release the starch for thickening.
- If you like it chunky just smash a small amount of potato, but if you want it smooth smash more potatoes.
- Reduce to low heat and add cream cheese.
- Heat, stirring frequently, until cheese melts.
- Ladle into bowls.
- Sprinkle a little bacon over each bowl of soup.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love to try new recipes, and this is a wonderful site to find new additions. I rarely make the same thing twice because it's so much fun to try something different. My life long dream is to travel the world and eat my way around it.