photo by Aparna Anurag
- Ready In:
- 14 -16 slices panir (Cottage cheese)
- 2 tablespoons yogurt
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- 1 green chili pepper, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, finely chopped (coriander leaves)
- 1⁄2 cup besan gram flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, adjust to taste
- 1 pinch baking soda
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1. First marinate the paneer- in a mixing bowl add yogurt, corn starch, salt, ginger, green chili and cilantro and mix it well. This should be consistency of soft paste. Add paneer pieces and mix gently. All the pieces should be coated with yogurt mix. Set aside for an hour or more.
- 2. For batter mix besan, cumin seeds, salt and baking soda add water slowly to make a thick batter consistency of a paste.
- 3. Heat the oil in a frying pan over medium high heat. Frying pan should have about 1 inch of oil. To check if the oil is ready, put one drop of batter in the oil. The batter should come up but not change color.
- 4. Dip the marinated paneer slices in the batter one at a time and slowly drop into the frying pan.
- 5. Fry the Pakoras in small batches. The pakoras will take about 4 to 5 minutes to cook.
- 6. Turn them occasionally. Fry the Pakoras until both sides are golden-brown.
- 7. Repeat this process. The crispy, delicious Paneer Pakoras are ready to serve.
- 8. Serve with chutney.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>There is no love sincere than love of food</p> <div><br />This is an attempt to popularize & share rich Indian tradition and culture which has deep roots.<br /><br />Through this blog I want to share my learning which was given to me by my mom & family during my upbringing.</div> <div>After marriage with my Husbands support and encouragement this idea of sharing my recipes with all food lovers specially Housewife's came to my mind and I have created this just for my cooking passion and share with all of you.</div> <div>This is an honest attempt to popularize Indian cuisine by a easiest means for all food lovers.</div> <p>My recipes available on my these site:</p> <p><span style=text-decoration: underline;>http://www.hindustanisakhisaheli.com/</span><br /><a rel=nofollow href=https://twitter.com/HindustaniSakhi/ target=_blank>https://twitter.com/HindustaniSakhi/</a><br /><a rel=nofollow href=http://pinterest.com/hindustanisakhi/ target=_blank>http://pinterest.com/hindustanisakhi/</a></p>