Pandan Soft Chiffon Cake - Asian Screwpine Cake.
A beautiful cake using Pandan extract - this gives it an unusual colour as well as taste. Note: I like to bake this in an 8" round tin @ 180 C for 50 minutes then allow the cake to cool in the oven (turned off!). To decorate, I dust with icing sugar & sprinkle with toasted sliced almonds.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 250 ml thick coconut milk
- 54 ml sunflower oil
- 200 g cake flour
- 5 egg yolks
- 7 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon pandan extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 210 g caster sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Sift flour in a bowl. Add in egg yolk, baking powder, oil, coconut milk, salt and pandan paste. Stir well. Set aside.
- In another large mixing bowl, beat egg white and cream of tartar till fluffy. Add in sugar, little by little.
- Beat for 10 minutes, at high speed, till thick and creamy. Fold flour mixture into the eggs.
- Pour into a 25cm / 10" ungreased tube pan. Bake in oven at 175°C for 45-55 minutes or till cooked - do toothpick test). Take out and turn over. Cool on a wire rack.