Panda Express Mandarin Chicken Copycat
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
I haven't tried this recipe yet,so I'm storing it here for safe keeping.
- Ready In:
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 6 skinless chicken thighs
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 4 teaspoons arrowroot
- 1. Combine sugar, soy sauce, lemon juice, oil, garlic, and ginger in a small saucepan. Combine water with arrowroot in a small bowl and stir until arrowroot is dissolved. Add to saucepan and turn heat to high. Stir often while bringing mixture to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 4 to 6 minutes or until sauce is thick.
- 2. Preheat your grill on high for the chicken.
- 3. When the grill is hot, rub each chicken piece with oil and cook the chicken for 4 to 6 minutes per side or until completely cooked. Chicken should have browned in spots.
- 4. When chicken is done, chop it into bite-size pieces. Pour the chicken pieces into a large frying pan over medium heat. Heat until chicken sizzles then reduce heat and cover chicken until ready to serve. Spoon chicken into a medium bowl, then pour all the sauce over the chicken and stir until well coated.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION