photo by Dissie
- Ready In:
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a mixing bowl, beat eggs until fluffy.
- Add milk & melted butter.
- In another mixing bowl, mix together all the dry ingredients.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the egg mixture & mix well. (If needed, add milk to get a thinner consistency).
- Heat griddle to high (or 400 degrees). Grease griddle with butter.
- Pour a small amount of batter (about 1/4 cup- I use a measuring cup to pour pancake batter) & spread with bottom of measuring cup to a good size.
- When bubbles appear on top of pancake, flip pancake & cook on other side for 2-3 minutes.
- Top with pat of butter & syrup, and enjoy!
- (Side note- I set my oven to warm & on a cookie sheet I will place a kitchen towel, folded in half on top. When the pancakes are done cooking, I place inside of the kitchen towel in the oven until ready to serve. Also, if you are freezing, wait until pancakes cool & then place in a freezer bag & place in freezer. When you are ready to heat up place a wet paper towel over the pancakes in the microwave & cook for 30 sec to 1 minute in the oven.).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
These are good. I had a problem with dumping all the dry ingredients at once, my batter was really lumpy and I didn't want to stir it too much. I did end up adding some more milk and stirring it to get the lumps gone. The best trick that I learned from your recipe was to grease my griddle with butter (I usually use a spray). It adds a richness that I really like with the butter. Thanks for the recipe! Oh, and I doubled mine, I'll see how many pancakes I can make.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Mom of 3 (4 if you count my DH) My husband & I work together. He is a chiropractor & do all of his insurance billing. For fun, I am a mom first, so having fun with my kids is fun- but for myself I like reading a good "Chick-Lit" book, or having Mommy Time (when I can fit it in.) My favorite cookbook is any cookbook that isn't elaborate, but nutritious. My passion is my family and living life like tomorrow is its last. My pet peeves are people talking over others (especially me), & eating with their mouth open.