photo by MonsterMaha
- Ready In:
- pancake batter (I use Bisquick heart healthy, the richer option, and add well cut-up bananas)
- food coloring, pens in various colors
- Heat ungreased, unbuttered griddle to 325.
- Drop 2 teaspoons at a time of batter on the griddle, spreading just a little with a small spatula, spoon or other utensil. On my griddle, I'm able to fit 18 or so at a time.
- Cook for about 3 minutes on first side so it is a light brown. If it gets too brown, the pen colors won't show up as well.
- Flip and cook for another 2 minutes or so until cooked.
- Let cool on wire rack.
- When cooled, either freeze and then write message, or write message on pancake immediately with food coloring pens on the first side of the pancake. The pancake is soft, so you can't press too hard, so you kind of have to glide the pen over the surface. Some colors may show up better than others.
- If frozen, simply heat up in the microwave 30-45 seconds for 4 stacked pancakes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I recently lost 33 pounds though WW and am at my goal weight. My focus right now is learning to eat/cook from whole foods in as healthy a way as possible while maintaining real food qualities. Besides that, I enjoy writing romance fiction and video editing. I love making party stuff (like favors, invitations, etc) using other people's ideas and adapting them, especially if I can use the computer and printer (I have three!). I'm the mother of two young boys and wife of one husband who's gone three days and two nights a week. I work full time for the State in IT.</p>