Pan Steaks With Garlic-Mustard Sauce
A great, easy recipe to make pans steaks with a yummy sauce. This is definitely good enough for company!
- Ready In:
- 6 (6 ounce) boneless rib-eye steaks (1 inch thick)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1⁄2 cup dry red wine
- 1⁄2 cup canned beef broth
- 4 teaspoons country-style dijon mustard
- 5 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Season steaks on both sides with salt.
- Rub pepper into both sides of each steak.
- Divide oil between 2 large skillets and heat over medium-high heat.
- Add 3 steaks to each skillet and cook to desired doneness, about 3 ½ minutes per side for medium-rare.
- Transfer to a platter.
- Tent with foil to keep warm.
- Divide garlic between skillets; saute 30 seconds.
- Divide wine between skillets; boil until reduced by half, stirring up any browned bits, about 1 minute.
- Combine contents of skillets in 1 skillet.
- Add broth and mustard and whisk until blended.
- Boil until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Remove skillet from heat.
- Add butter, one piece at a time, whisking each until melted before incorporating the next (make sure you do this OFF the heat).
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon sauce over steaks.
- Top with parsley.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 7 more