Pan Fried Whiting Fish
photo by tabasco0697
- Ready In:
- 2 pieces whiting fish fillets (skin pulled off, rinsed and patted dry and quartered)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning (Paul Prudhomme Seafood Magic)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 4 tablespoons salted butter
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Crystal hot sauce
- In shallow dish mix panko bread crumbs and seasonings together. In other shallow dish whisk eggs and Crystal hot sauce. Dip fish in eggs turning fish over and over 3 times. Then dip fish in panko bread crumbs turning twice and patting the bread crumbs into each fillet. Sit on a plate. Once all fish are breaded cover with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Heat oil/butter over high heat until bubbling (approx 1 1/2 - 2 minutes). Add half the fillets and turn to medium high heat. Cook fish 3 1/2 - 4 minutes per side making sure it turns a nice golden brown color.
- Remove from pan and place on paper towel covered plate to drain. Serve with condiment of your choice. We prefer my Sweet Dilly Tartar Sauce recipe # 516674.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I'm a native Floridian. I love to cook and since going on disability a few years back I'm able to spend more time in kitchen. I love to experiment in the kitchen. I worked in communications for the majority of my working career with a short stint in banking right out of high school while in college. My elderly mother and I live together with 3 dogs. I worked with a dog rescue for many years but had to give it up due to health reasons. My mother has to be the all time champion picky eater so it's hard to please her. My screen name comes from the best dog I've ever owned...Tabasco</p>