Pan-Fried Pork Chops With Onions
photo by Wife2uRick
- Ready In:
- 4 (6 ounce) pork chops
- 2 teaspoons creole seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 medium onions, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Sprinkle pork chops with creole seasoning.
- Dredge pork chops in flour, shaking off excess.
- Cook pork chops in hot vegetable oil in a large skillet over med-high heat 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Remove from skillet and keep warm.
- Add in onions and water, stirring to loosen particles from the bottom of the skillet; saute 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Return pork chops to skillet; lower heat to low; cover and simmer 5 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I made this on 9/11/08 as part of mine and SO's dinner.Since there was just my SO and myself, 2 butterflied center cut pork chops were used. For the seasoning, Recipe#232949 was used.After seasoning and browning the chops, I cooked the onions as Chef Kathryn29 suggested. And I have to tell you, I think that made a big difference in the taste of the finished dish.After cooking the onions, the chops were returned to the pan and topped with the onions.I covered the pan with a tight fitting lid,turned the heat down to low letting the flavor of the onions simmer into the chops.The time for doing that was a little less than 10 minutes. The end result was a very moist,fork tender chop that will be made again.Thank you for posting, and "Keep Smiling :)"