Pan Fried Chicken and Country Gravy
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is real comfort food without all the mess.
- Ready In:
- 5 chicken breasts
- 3⁄4 cup flour with a dash salt
- 1 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- olive oil
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 (7/8 ounce) packets country gravy mix
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup water
- Pound chicken flat.
- Cut each breast in half.
- Dredge chicken in flour and place in the freezer for about 5 minutes.
- Heat skillet and add about 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Dredge chicken in milk and then flour.
- Place chicken pieces in hot oil.
- Cook over medium high heat for about 7 minutes.
- Turn pieces and cook another 7 minutes.
- Add broth to the pan, cover and cook for 5 minutes until chicken is done.
- Remove chicken from pan and cover with tin foil to keep warm.
- Add the gravy packets, milk and water to the chicken juices.
- Stir and bring to a boil until gravy thickens.
- Serve chicken covered with gravy.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION