Pam's Cheesecake Recipe
Personally, I love all cheesecake, but this is my boyfriend's FAVORITE. The recipe comes from a woman he works with. Posting it for safekeeping, just in case I ever decide to bake for him ; ) Prep time does not include cheese softening time.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 22mins
- 1 3⁄4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 5 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 teaspoon grated lemon peel or 3/4 teaspoon you can use orange peel
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 5 large eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream
- In a bowl, combine crumbs, sugar and butter. Press on bottom and 2 1/2 inches up sides of an 8 inch springform pan. Set aside.
- Let cheese soften at room temperature 1 - 1 1/2 hours. Beat until creamy. Add vanilla and lemon or orange peel. Mix sugar, flour and salt, slowly blend. Add eggs and yolks one at a time. Beat after each yolk just enough to blend. Gently stir in whipping cream.
- Turn into crust lined pan. Bake at 450 degrees for 12 minutes; reduce heat to 300 degrees and bake for 55 minutes.
- Allow to cool. Loosen sides with spatula after 30 minutes. Cool well before adding topping.