Paloodeh Talebi – Cantaloupe Cooler(Persia)
A delightful drink, perfect for hot days. A traditional Persian drink tweaked to make it easier. The lemon juice is not traditional, but is very good. Adapted from Fig and Quince, Modern Persian Cooking.
- Ready In:
- 2 -3 chilled cantaloupe, wedges
- ice cube
- 1 dash rose water
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, to taste
- honey or sugar
- 1 thinly sliced lemon wedge
- 1 sprig mint
- Blend cantaloupe with several cubes of ice in a blender.
- Add a dash of rosewater. Rosewater is a delightful ingredient true to its name but it is also a dominating one so use sparingly. Jazz up the flavor by adding 1 tablespoon or more of fresh lemon juice. Mix with a wooden spoon. Sweeten to taste with honey or lemon, sparingly, so as to allow the natural flavor of the cantaloupe to shine through.
- Pour into a glass and garnish with fresh mint or very thinly sliced wedge of lemon. Drink up!
- Drink it quickly before the ice melts and dilutes the drink.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I love homemade cantaloupe coolers. The addition of the rosewater and lemon make this very special. The flavor was outstanding, fresh, raw and sweet, just the way I like it. It was very quick and easy to make. Thank you for sharing a recipe that I will enjoy often this summer. made for New Kids on the Block Game1Reply