Palm Springs Bagel
photo by the80srule
- Ready In:
2 open faced sanwiches
- 2 bagels
- 4 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 tomatoes, sliced thickly
- 1 small avocado, sliced
- lemon pepper seasoning
- Slice bagel in half and toast it, meanwhile you can slice up your tomato and avocado.
- Spread each side of bagel with 1 Tbsp of cream cheese (or more if you like).
- Top cream cheese with 1-2 tomato slices, then cover with avocado slices.
- Finally sprinkle with with lemon pepper to your taste. I would estimate about 1/4 tsp per bagel--but I like a lot! Enjoy!
- **Side note: you can use lime pepper seasoning instead of lemon, and you can get creative with your bagel flavors.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
What a simple and awesome tasty bagel-wich. I didn't toast mine (had to cart it to school) but I used a poppy seed bagel, spread some creamcheese with the lemon pepper on, then the tomato, then a tad more cream cheese and lemon pepper, then the avocado-- that'll prevent it from slipping off as the last reviewer mentioned. I didn't think the flavor combo would work but it came out marvellously-- I never thought to put spices on my bagel!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Lets just say I love cooking...everything from baking to grilling to microwaving :) Trying new things is always fun--not that everything turns out just as I hoped but nothings better than finding something new and unique!