Paleo Leap Pepper Steak
photo by Jordan W.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 12 mini sweet peppers, thinly sliced
- 3 scallions, sliced diagonally with the green and white parts separated
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 cup coconut aminos
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients for the marinade.
- Add the sliced steak to the marinade, toss to coat, and refrigerate for at least 15 minute.
- Add some cooking fat to a skillet placed over a medium-high heat.
- Add the bell peppers, the whites of the scallions, the ginger, and the garlic, and sauté for 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Remove the steak from the marinade and add to the same skillet. Sauté until brown (about 2-3 minutes), stirring occasionally.
- Return the vegetables to the skillet, add the green parts of the scallions, cook for another minute, and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!