Palace Cafe Catfish Pecan With Meuniere Sauce
- Ready In:
- 36 ounces catfish fillets
- 3 cups pecans, roasted
- 1 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- seafood seasoning or creole seasoning, to taste
- olive oil
- 3 cups fish stock or 3 cups clam juice
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash Tabasco sauce (or other Louisiana hot sauce)
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream or 1 tablespoon whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- pecans, roasted
- To make the catfish: Preheat the oven to 450F and coat a frying pan lightly with olive oil.
- Trim all fat from fillets.
- Grind the roasted pecans and breadcrumbs in the container of a food processor or blender until fine.
- Pour into a pie pan.
- Add salt and pepper to flour; place into another pie pan.
- Beat the eggs and milk together.
- Season the fish with seafood seasoning, dredge in flour, dip in egg mixture and coat with pecan/bread crumb mixture.
- Place into prepared pan and cook over medium heat until golden; place in oven for five minutes to finish.
- To make the sauce: Cook fish stock, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce and pepper sauce in a medium saucepan; add cream and cook to reduce for about two minutes.
- Remove from heat and whisk in butter.
- Serve over the cooked fish and garnish with roasted whole pecans.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!