Pakistani Kima (Beef or Venison Curry)8
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
hamburger curry taken from www.wholenewmom.com and saved here for safe keeping! She also has a low-carba nd a vegan option there too! I usually serve this over rice.
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, use more if using venison
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb venison
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons sea salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 1⁄2 cups diced tomatoes in tomato puree, about 21 ounces if using canned
- 3 potatoes, diced small, just a bit larger than peas
- 2 -3 cups peas
- Melt oil in large pan and add the onion and garlic on low until the garlic begins to brown. Do not turn up garlic will burn easily before the onion is done.
- Add meat and cook thoroughly.
- Add curry, salt and other spices.
- Add potatoes, tomatoes and peas to the pan.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat and simmer for 25 minutes or until potatoes are done.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION