Paella Panamanian Style
- Ready In:
- 1 (3 lb) chicken
- 4 medium pork chops
- 2 medium lobsters
- 1 lb squid
- 1 1⁄2 lbs small shrimp
- 3 lbs small clams
- 2 lbs panamanian pork sausage
- 2 lbs spanish sausage
- 1⁄2 lb razor clam (Longorones)
- 1⁄2 lb mussels
- 4 large onions
- 4 medium green peppers
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes or 3 medium fresh tomatoes
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can baby green peas (petit pois) or (15 ounce) can chickpeas
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 5 cups rice (do not use converted rice)
- parsley, to taste
- scallion, to taste
- 6 tablespoons oil
- 0.5 (7 ounce) jar stuffed green olives
- Cut and fry the chicken well.
- Make a sauce with 1 1/2 onions chopped, 1 1/2 green peppers chopped and 1 1/2 tomatoes cut up.
- Add 1 cup water.
- Cook on a low heat.
- Separately, fry the sausages in small pieces and do the same with the pork chops.
- Boil the lobsters and shrimp and peel them.
- Clean and slice clams and squid.
- Make a sauce with 1 1/2 onions, 1 1/2 green pepper, 1 1/2 tomatoes and liquid from the peas.
- Separate the meat from the bones of all the meat and cook the clams with scallions and parsley.
- Wash the rice well (3 times) and in a large, deep pot, put 6 tablespoons oil and fry the rice.
- Add the liquid the seafoods were cooked in (about 5 cups).
- Add sausage, boneless chicken and pork with its sauce, whole shrimp, lobster sliced into small pieces, clams and squid and mussels in their sauce.
- Also add sauce made with the remaining onion, scallion, finely chopped green pepper, tomato paste and tomato sauce.
- Add the peas and olives.
- Cook at a high heat for 10 minutes; then cover pot and cook at a low heat for 45 minutes.
- When ready to serve, decorate with strips of green pepper and olives.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!