Pad Thai (Vegan)
photo by Tyetta M.
- Ready In:
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 chopped yellow onion
- 1 small bunch green onion
- 5 carrots, grated
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 cups of chopped button mushrooms
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce (optional)
- 4 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 500 g tofu, cubed
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 250 g rice noodles
- Saute the garlic and onion in a large, deep frying pan.
- After a couple minutes, add the tofu and green onion. Let it fry away without stirring.
- After a few more minutes, throw the peanut butter glob in the center and pile on the grated carrot, frozen peas, and mushrooms.
- Put the lemon juice, hot sauce and hoisin sauce on top as well, still without stirring it yet.
- Let everything cook away over a medium heat for another 5 minutes or until the vegetables have reached a nice consistency.
- Give the heap a big stir.
- Soak the rice noodles in boiled water for 5-8 minutes and mix them in well with the fried vegetable mixture.
- Squeeze on a bit more lemon, serve and enjoy.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
This is a picture of me and my husband in Portugal, climbing up above the clouds with our bikes. Right now we are travelling around the world on our bicycles, so I only pop onto Zaar occasionally, when internet connections and time allow me to. If I don't reply to a message about one of my recipes, now you know why! Our trip may take several years so if it's urgent, it's probably better for you to post in the forums ;) Good food is really important to me -- I am happy to pay extra for food that I feel is produced in a sustainable and ethical way and always try to eat using seasonal produce. When we were in the UK we rarely shopped at supermarkets, trying instead to favour small producers, although we were very lucky in that we lived in London and there was lots of choice. We also were fortunate enough to have a weekly organic veg box delivered to our door, filled with so many lovely vegetables for very little money. It really opened my horizons in terms of the variety of vegetables I eat. If you're in the UK, check out Riverford for a box supplier as they're amazing! When I'm not eating I love to take pictures and travel with my husband. <img src="http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/World%20Tour/ZWT2.gif">