Pad Thai from Betty Goes Vegan
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
I need the nutritional information. I am trying this this week.
- Ready In:
- 14 ounces flat stir fry noodles
- 1⁄3 cup lime juice
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup stir-fry sauce (vegan)
- 3 tablespoons liquid, aminos Bragg's
- 1 tablespoon vinegar, white wine
- 6 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, to taste ((or more)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 12 ounces tofu, extra firm (mashed into smallish clumps)
- 6 ounces vegan chicken
- 14 ounces baby corn, drained
- 2 cups pea pods, fresh
- 1⁄4 cup peanuts, dry roasted
- 2 cups bean sprouts (fresh, mung)
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Make noodles per package instructions.
- Mix the lime juice, water, brown sugar, stir fry sauce, Bragg's, vinegar, and 1 Tablespoon of the sesame oil in a bowl.
- In a wok, heat 3 teaspoons of sesame oil over medium heat. Cook garlic for less than 1 minute in the oil. Add tofu and cook for 2 minutes. Remove tofu when it turns brown and has a crispy skin. Put in a bowl on the side.
- Add the remaining 2 Tablespoon of sesame oil and toss in vegan chicken, baby corn, pea pods, and cook. Stir frequently until the chicken begins to brown. Pour in the lime juice mixture. Add tofu and mix. Next mix in the cooked noodles. Stir in peanuts, bean sprouts, and half of the cilantro. Cook for 3-6 minutes. Serve with green onions and more cilantro and a lime wedge.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION