Pacific Rim Glazed Flank Steak
- In medium shallow dish, combine marinade ingredients, adding pepper, as desired; whisk until blended.
- Remove and reserve 3/4 cup for basting.
- With sharp knife, lightly score both sides of beef steak in a crisscross pattern.
- Place steak in remaining marinade in dish, turning to coat. Cover and marinate in refrigerator 30 minutes, turning once. Remove steak from marinade; discard marinade. Place steak on grid over medium, ash-covered coals.
- Grill, uncovered, 17 to 21 minutes for medium rare to medium doneness, basting occasionally with reserved 3/4 cup marinade and turning once. Place remaining basting marinade in s mall saucepan; place on grid of grill and bring to a boil.
- Meanwhile carve steak diagonally across the grain into thin slices; arrange on platter.
- Spoon hot marinade over beef, as desired.
- Garnish with orange slices and rosemary sprigs.
- Tip: To broil, place steak on rack in broiler pan so surface of meat is 2 to 3 inches from heat. Broil 13 to 18 minutes, basting occasionally with reserved 3/4 marinade and turning once.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!