Pa Dutch Carrot & Raisin Salad
I don't know where Mom got this recipe but it was another favorite growing up in Lancaster County, PA.
- Ready In:
- 3 cups raw carrots, grated
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise (not Miracle Whip)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Blend together mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt, yogurt and honey.
- Pour dressing over carrots and raisins and mix thoroughly.
- Chill for 30 minutes before serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Very good. I never thought sweet carrots needed much help but the combo of ingredients makes this refreshing and light. I used more carrots than the recipe calls for, yellow raisins and all mayo (no yogurt, as I do not have this in the fridge) and all other ingredients as suggested. I would suggest making it ahead of time as it only gets better with age. Two days later and it is still awesome if not better! Thanks for posting & sharing your mom's recipe.