Oyster and Mushroom Chowder
- Ready In:
- Heat oysters in their own liquor below the bloiling point until edges curl.
- Drain, saving the liquor.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter, blend in flour; add milk gradually, stirring constantly to the boiling point.
- Add cream, shallots, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Heat mushrooms in the remaining butter until hot, but do not brown.
- Add mushrooms, oysters, and oyster liquor to cream sauce.
- Serve hot.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!