Overnight Soft Rolls
- Ready In:
- 8hrs 12mins
- 4 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- In a large mixing bowl, combine 1-¼ cups flour, sugar and yeast.
- In a saucepan, heat the sour cream and water to 120-130 degrees F.
- Add to dry ingredients; beat until blended. Set aside and let mixture sit for 10 minutes.
- Add salt and mix thoroughly. Beat in eggs until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes.
- Place in a greased bowl, turning to coat. Cover and refrigerate at least 6 hours, preferably overnight.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; roll out to ½-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-½-in. biscuit cutter. Using the dull edge of a knife, make an off-center crease in each roll. Fold along crease so the small half is on the top; press among folded edge.
- Place in a greased 15 x 10 x 1-in. baking pan, allowing edges to touch. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Brush tops with melted butter. Bake at 375 degrees F for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!