Oven Steak And Gravy
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is an old standby. Been making it for 30 years. I don't use spices in this because we like the beefy taste of the gravy without them. Feel free to add your favorites! Mashed potatoes are best with this.
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 15mins
- Cut steak in serving pieces.
- Mix flour with salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in skillet.
- Dredge meat in flour; brown in hot oil.
- Place meat in 13 by 9 baking pan.
- Add 2 T flour to skillet.
- Cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Add water, about 3 cups, and cook and stir until it boils.
- Add more water if too thick.
- Pour over meat in pan.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350* for 2 hours.
- Check halfway through, turn meat over, and stir a little.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION