Oven-Roasted Beets and Garlic (WW)
I've never made garden-fresh beets before, and I hate the canned ones and the pickled ones. A friend grew them in their garden, and this was a terrific way to eat them. They grow here in Idaho so it's probably about time I cooked some. Recipe courtesy of Weight Watchers New Complete Cookbook.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 4 large beets (trimmed, peeled, and quartered)
- 6 garlic cloves, quartered
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Toss together beets, garlic, 1 1/2 teaspoons of thyme, and the oil in a 9x13 inch baking pan.
- Drizzle with orange juice.
- Cover baking dish with foil, roast until beets are almost tender when pierced with a knife, about 45 minutes.
- Remove foil and sprinkle beets with remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons thyme. Roast until beets are tender, about 10 minutes longer.