Oven Grilled Cheese
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Lightly butter one side of each slice of bread.
- Place on a cookie sheet butter side down.
- Place your favorite brand of American sliced cheese (or any other kind you prefer).
- Place other piece of bread on top, butter side up.
- Bake for approximately 6 minutes.
- Take out of oven and flip.
- Bake additional 2-3 minutes until done.
Join The Conversation
This is a great way to make multiple grilled cheese sandwiches at the same time. My family loves mayo, so both slices of each were smeared with Hellman's. They also love cheese, so a heap of shredded Colby jack replaced the second slice of Kraft sharp cheddar. The ten-year-old felt the crust was too hard since we tried it with a thick Brunswick stew. He later agreed that if we had our normal tomato soup, the dipping would soften any hard edges. I think some butter on the sides of the bread slices may make the true difference. Overall, this is an efficient way to make grilled cheese.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I have 2 wonderful kids who will try anything I cook and a wonderful Fiance who enjoys cooking and food as much as I do. I am an accountant by day and a foodie by night :) I love trying new recipes and adding my own flare to it.<br /><br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/untitled.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting /><br /><br /><img src=http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b280/carolinamoon21/Ingredients/PastastickerJPEG.jpg alt= /></p>