Oven Frittata With Broccoli and Potatoes
- Ready In:
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and finely diced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 10 ounces chopped broccoli (fresh, or frozen and defrosted, or use any veggie of choice)
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup white onion, chopped
- 8 egg whites, slightly beaten
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten (or 1/4 cup egg sub)
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- in a large oven-proof nonstick skillet, cook potatoes in oil over medium heat until tender and lightly browned, about 10 minutes.
- Add the broccoli, mushrooms and onion; cook and stir for another 5 minutes. Turn off heat.
- In a bowl, beat egg whites and whole eggs with Parmesan cheese, parsley, basil, oregano and black pepper.
- Gently pour egg mixture over mixture in skillet.
- Place skillet in oven and bake for 10 minutes or until eggs are almost set on top. (Watch closely).
- Turn on broiler and finish cooking for 3 minutes or until lightly browned and set.
- Sprinkle with paprika and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was good, but it lacked a certain something for me. DH and I both added quite a bit of salt, and agreed that it could be improved by the addition of a tomato-ish sauce since the potatoes are slightly drying. It also took several more minutes to get mine to cook through, though this could be because my skillet is fairly deep...
Liked the recipe but do to my lack of experience in the culinary arts (wrong skillet size/unevenly cooked potato and broccoli) I suppose this didn't turn out the way it's supposed to!! My brocolli was still hard after 16 minutes in the oven, but I stopped it there because the egg was starting to burn. I did forget to preheat, duh!!! If you like crunchy broccoli do what i did
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Hello from suburban Fort Worth, Texas! <br /> <br /><br /> <br />______________________________________________ <br /> <br /> <br />*My rating system defined* <br /> <br />Very few recipes really knock my socks off - I love to cook but am not a gourmet. <br />This said: <br /> <br />***** - met all my expectations in taste & appearance; directions were clear & easy to follow. <br /> <br />**** - fell slightly short of my expectations in taste or appearance or directions were faulty or not completely clear. <br /> <br />*** - mediocre taste and/or appearance; most likely a recipe that I would not use again without much modification. <br /> <br />** - taste and/or appearance was not to my liking; a recipe that I would not attempt to modify or use again. <br /> <br />* - taste was absolutely not to my liking (I can't imagine ever using this rating as I can generally tell by the ingredients if I will enjoy the finished product or not) <br /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e347/Saturn6666/chefbanner1.jpg alt= /> <br /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j44/scmurray51/hagshat.jpg alt= /> <br /> <br /><br /> </p>