Oven Frites (Fries)
Serve frites plain or with ketchup, mayonnaise or malt vinegar. From Martha Stewart.
- Ready In:
- 4 medium baking potatoes
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- Heat oven to 400.
- Place a heavy-duty baking sheet in the oven.
- Scrub and rinse potatoes.
- Cut lengthwise into 1/2 inch wide batons.
- Place potatoes in a medium bowl. Toss with olive oil, salt and pepper.
- When baking sheet is hot, about 15 minutes, remove from oven and spray with olive oil cooking spray.
- Place prepared potatoes on baking sheet in a single layer. Return to oven, and bake until potatoes are golden on the bottom, about 30 minutes.
- Turn potatoes over and continue cooking until golden all over, another 15 minutes. Serve immediately.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION