My husband and I love this fish. It gets crispy like you fried it in a skillet.
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 - 2 1 1/2-2 lbs catfish fillets (4 fillets) or 1 1/2-2 lbs trout fillets (4 fillets)
- 6 tablespoons butter or 6 tablespoons margarine, melted and divided
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 dash paprika (optional)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Place fish on a broiler rack that has been coated with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Brush tops of fish with 3 tablespoons of the butter or margarine.
- Dust with flour.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Broil 5-6 inches from the heat for 5 minutes or until fish just begins to brown.
- Combine lemon juice, parsley, Worcestershire sauce and remaining butter; pour over the fish.
- Broil 5 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This was good and easy. I was drawn to the recipe because the fish is not breaded or fried. I made it as written with catfish fillets and I did use the optional paprika. We agreed that it could use more flavor....garlic or onions and/or some other herbs/spices. It is a good base recipe that I will just need to "kick up a few notches" next time. Thanx for posting this.Reply