Oven Fried Chicken Tenders With Chopped Salad and Vinaigrette
photo by Joanne
- Ready In:
For the Oven Fried Chicken Tenders
- 1 1⁄2 lbs chicken tenders
- 1⁄2 cup white vinegar
- 8 cups water
- 1 cup good quality mayonnaise (you can use low fat)
- 4 garlic cloves, smashed in a mortar and pestle (or finely chopped)
- 3 tablespoons goya light adobo seasoning
- fresh ground black pepper
- 4 cups Italian style breadcrumbs
- 2 limes, juice of
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
For the Chopped Salad
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped (remove core, slice in strips lengthwise, then slice across)
- 4 plum tomatoes, diced
- 2 cucumbers, diced
- 1 (6 ounce) can black olives (pitted)
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled blue cheese
For the Vinaigrette
- 1 cup canola oil
- 4 garlic cloves, smashed in mortar and pestle (or finely chopped)
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- salt & fresh ground pepper (lots of pepper)
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 tablespoons water
- Combine all ingredients in bowl. Wisk well to combine. Refrigerate for at least 1/2 hour to allow flavors to combine.
- Wash Romaine lettuce, tomatoes and cucumbers. Spin a couple of times in salad spinner. Transfer to a Salad bowl. Top with pitted olives and blue cheese. Toss to combine. Add Vinaigrette and toss right before serving.
- Soak Chicken in Water and white vinegar for 10 minutes. Rinse well and pat dry. Transfer chicken to ziploc bag or large bowl.
- In a bowl, mix mayo, garlic, 2 tbs. light adobo, black pepper to taste, lime juice and worcestershire sauce. Mix to combine.
- Add mayo mix to chicken, coat well. Let marinade for at least 1/2 hour to 1 hour on the counter. If longer, refrigerate then bring to room temperature before cooking.
- In ziploc bag or large bowl combine bread crumbs, 1 tbs. light adobo, and black pepper to taste. Mix well.
- Coat the chicken in the bread crumb mixture.
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Grease a baking sheet with cooking spray, place chicken on baking sheet. Drizzle chicken with olive oil.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes. Flipping once halfway through cooking time.
- I like to Serve the Chicken Tenders on top of the Chopped Salad.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Hi, I'm Joanne from Brooklyn, NY. I'm a foodie! I love to cook, and share recipes.</p>