Oven-Fried Chicken Parmesan (Cooking Light)
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large egg whites, lightly beaten
- 3⁄4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 4 (6 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- cooking spray
- 1⁄2 cup tomato-basil pasta sauce
- 1⁄2 cup parmigiano-reggiano cheese, grated
- 3⁄4 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 450°.
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a shallow dish; place egg whites in a bowl. Place panko in a shallow dish. Dredge 1 breast half in flour mixture. Dip in egg whites; dredge in panko. Repeat with remaining chicken.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken to pan; cook 2 minutes. Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Turn chicken over; cook 2 minutes. Coat chicken with cooking spray; place pan in oven. Bake at 450° for 5 minutes.
- Turn chicken over; top each breast half with 2 tablespoons sauce, 2 tablespoons Parmigiano-Reggiano, and 3 tablespoons mozzarella.
- Bake 6 minutes or until chicken is done.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I enjoy cooking, especially baking. I am married, no children though I have a dog Chance, whose internal clock must be Swiss-made as he knows what time dinner should be and is quite the taskmaster if I'm not at least in the kitchen at the appointed time. <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">