Oven Chicken and Linguine
- Ready In:
- 1hr 25mins
- 1⁄2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (may use more or less)
- 2 1⁄2 lbs chicken thighs, rinsed and patted dry (about 8)
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 8 ounces linguine
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Melt butter in a 13”x 9”x 3” baking pan in preheated 400 F oven; then remove pan from oven.
- Stir onion, garlic, basil and red pepper flakes into the melted butter.
- Place chicken, skin side down, in butter mixture; then turn over.
- Bake uncovered, until meat next to bone is no longer pink when slashed with knife (about 45 minutes).
- Place thawed spinach in a clean kitchen towel and squeeze out liquid, set aside.
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, cook linguine about 10 – 13 minutes. (do this about 10 minutes before chicken is done).
- When chicken is done, remove thighs from pan and keep warm.
- Add spinach to the pan and stir to scrape browned bits free.
- Then add pasta and Parmesan cheese; toss together until all is incorporated.
- Put pasta into a large bowl, top with chicken thighs and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!