Oven Beef Beer Stew
photo by mommyluvs2cook
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 20mins
- 2 lbs beef stew meat
- 1 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1⁄4 - 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup flat beer
- 2 cups beef stock or 2 cups beef broth
- 4 carrots, cut into 1 inch slices
- 8 ounces medium mushrooms, halved
- In a large Dutch oven that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray, add the first 12 ingredients; stir to mix well.
- Cover and bake in a 325° oven for 1 hour.
- Add beef stock, carrots, and mushrooms; stir to combine.
- Cover and cook for about 1 hour longer OR until meat is very tender.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!