Oven-Baked Sunchoke Chips With Garlic and Smoked Paprika
The high starch content of sunchokes makes them crisp up quickly in the oven. These chips are simply seasoned with salt, pepper, and paprika, but you could easily spice things up with a different blend. From Vegetarian Times, November 2013.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb small unpeeled jerusalem artichoke, scrubbed and cut into 1/8-inch-thick slices (sunchokes)
- 1 tablespoon garlic oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400*F. Line baking sheet with foil.
- Toss together all ingredients in large bowl.
- Arrange sunchokes in single layer on prepared baking sheet, and bake 15 minutes. Flip chips with tongs, and bake 15 minutes more, or until crisp and golden.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.