Oven-Baked Chicken and Potatoes With Lemon and Rosemary
- Ready In:
- 8 chicken legs (just the drumsticks) or 4 whole chicken legs-thighs
- 8 -10 small potatoes, unpeeled
- 1 1⁄2 cups olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh lemon juice (about 7-8 lemons)
- 3 -4 sprigs fresh rosemary or 1/4 cup dried rosemary
- 4 -5 fresh garlic cloves
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Slice potatoes in half length-wise. Set aside.
- Squeeze lemons into a medium size bowl. Add olive oil to the lemon juice. Mix well.
- Cut small slits in chicken legs.
- Break apart rosemary sprigs and stuff into the cuts in the chicken legs.
- Place chicken legs and potatoes, cut side down, on a baking sheet, with small bits of rosemary underneath the potatoes.
- Place any remaining rosemary around chicken and potatoes.
- If using dry rosemary, sprinkle on baking sheet and then place chicken and potatoes on top.
- Slice garlic cloves and place them under and around chicken and potatoes.
- Pour olive oil and lemon mix over the chicken and potatoes. Season with desired amount of salt and pepper.
- Place baking sheet in the middle section of the oven.
- Bake for 30-40 mins until chicken and potatoes are tender.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
OH DEAR! unless you like eating with a sour face pucker face AVOID THIS RECIPE. This is truely a meal for those who like a very tart acidic taste. I found it too overwhelming. Although I have not done this, the recipe may taste better by reducing the acid content, maybe 1 cup Lemon Juice, 1 cup Olive Oil and one cup Chicken Stock. I will not be making this again though.
This was easy to make (and even fun! putting the rosemary into the chicken), and very tasty! I was a little worried that there was going to be too much liquid (from both the olive oil and the lemon juice) but it turned out great. I think next time I'll add more garlic because you could hardly taste the garlic over the lemon. Thanks for sharing!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm originally from Portland, OR. At the age of 15, my family and I moved to Phoenix, AZ. At the age of 18, I moved to GA. For the last 5 years, I have been living in Germany.