Oven Baked Beef Brisket
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
From Shop Rite with 1 tbsp.chili powder that can be increased to 4 tsp. depending on how spicy you want it. The other listed ingredients you probably have at home.
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 2mins
- 3 - 3 1⁄2 lbs beef brisket
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 medium onion, chopped, about 1/2 cup
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar or 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 -4 tablespoon chili powder, depends upon how spicy you want it
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Place meat in a 13"X 9"X2" baking pan.
- Stir together water, onion, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, chili powder, bouillon granules, red pepper, and garlic. Pour over the meat.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees F. for about 3 hours or until tender, turning once.
- Remove meat, reserving pan juices. Thinly slice meat (against grain) and place on a serving platter. Keep warm.
- For gravy/sauce, skim fat and enough water, if necessary for 3/4 cup of dripping. In a saucepan stir together ketchup, brown sugar and flour. Stir in the reserves pan juices. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Cook one minute more and serve with meat.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION